Here is a non-serious look at 6 types of programmers you will come across in the development field. Which one are you?
The Syntax Nazi
- They have a well-organised workspace.
- They have memorised the company’s style guide.
- Cannot tolerate a single indentation error.
Open Source Wizard
- Always helping the noobs with Stack OverFlow.
- You’ll find them at most programmer conferences.
- They have at least 10 repositories on GitHub.
- You would never catch them writing a line of code in notepad ++
- Mostly seen at the best coding conventions.
The Data Scientist
- Eats Maths for breakfast and statistics for lunch.
- Knows Python and nothing else.
- Has a PhD or a Masters in something.
- Spends thousands on boot camps and hacks.
- Probably learned to code because its “hip”.
- Dependent on the open source wizard.
The Young Genius
- Always excited about the next new thing.
- They’re self-taught and spend 90% of their time coding.
- They follow all the trends.
What other types of programmers can you think of?